I stole this from a friend and then stole the response from the friend as well... but I just couldn't resist! This is especially for my friends Jeff and Kevin who put up with all of us girls ruining all of their "guy stuff"... sorry boys that we out number you here at LTS!! I'm trying to get the girls to just eat meat and drink beer.... But I think we're stuck with Boca burgers....
After the long months of cold and winter, we will soon be coming up to summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking as it's the only type of cooking a real man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved. When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
1) The woman buys the food.
2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
Here comes the important part:
4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.
7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces and brings them to the table.
9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women...
Then - this is a reaction from a friend.... I just couldn't stand to NOT put it up - it had me rolling!
See, but if you think about it, BBQ, like many other things, is something very basic that men have been a part of for centuries. Men eventually invited tomwen to BBQ years ago in an effort to score. Somwhere along the way, women thought the process of BBQing was "fun" & then domesticated the process w/all their girlie crap, thus getting things confusing & fancy. BBQ is a term for meat cooked outside over a fire. Very basic. BBQ is a term that goes hand & hand w/brisket, ribs, chicken, steak, etc. There are no "BBQ Salads", "BBQ Deserts", "BBQ Cake"- that's all woman food. When men are left to BBQ for themselves, men cook meat over fire, drink beer, socialize, & then have more meat for desert. Eaten with your hands, all of which is done outside in the heat w/bugs. If you drop your BBQ on the ground, you pick it up & continue to eat. Men are like animals, we are designed to eat meat; much like dogs- when we eat grass, we puke. We are not meant to eat green leafy things. That's for the animals that we cook & eat. When women are involved in the BBQ process, the meat is accompanied by green salad, macaroni salad, fruit, tea, and some fluffy salad made from marshmallows. All of which is served on matching plates, w/silverware, glasses, & napkins. Some light cake w/berries will probably show up for desert. We eat inside, in the AC or under a fan, w/a table cloth. If we do eat outside, it's while being surrounded by a thick haze of Citronella fog, probably under a screened in dining fly. So in response to this e-mail, it is an age old tradition that men are in charge of the essentials of the BBQ- meat, fire, & alcohol. If women want extra stuff like plates or salad, then that's something they will have to provide.
There are several other examples of man-stuff, that women feel the need to> domesticate:
Watching sporting events- guys watch & drink beer. More than likely we'll eat chips, pizza, snacks, & maybe BBQ. Everything will be perfectly fine as is. Women decide this will be "fun" & show up w/plates that look like footballs, cups w/baseballs on them, bowls for dip, & napkins.
Going to the lake- guys fish, ski, drink beer, & get sunburned. All of this is fine as is. Women decide "the lake is fun" & bring towels, floatie raft things, sun tan lotion, & something else to drink, like lemonade or pop.
Playing sports- physical competition between men, testing strength, speed, & skills. All is fine as is. Women decide they want to get involved cause it looks like "fun" & show up w/skirts & pompoms, dance & rhyme little cheers & don't even pay attention to a game they whine about not understanding (FYI- if you want to understand this- watch the game, stop talking & dancing). I could go on, but you all get the point.... Thanks Eric!